Registering for a SLIP account gives you access to SLIP Public Data Downloads and is the first step in accessing other data services or linking to your organisation’s access.
SLIP Account Rules have been put in place to:
- maximise the efficient use of resources and ensure appropriate security for SLIP data and the private information of SLIP users.
- Ensure that access to SLIP services is measurable and auditable.
- Minimise storage of user registration information that is inaccurate, duplicated or redundant.
- Identify potential opportunities for Landgate to improve SLIP by means of customer feedback.
The following User Account Rules apply to all registered SLIP users, with the exception of the following:
- Any 'application' account - denoted by a USER ID beginning with APP or with a nominated Purpose of 'web application';
- Any account that has grounds for exemption as determined on a case-by-case basis by Landgate.
- Users must not share accounts.
- Each user must have an individual SLIP account.
- Business accounts must use your organisation's email domain (e.g. your.name@organisation). Accounts that do not match the organisation's email domain may be denied access to join a user group.
- Application accounts should be denoted by an email address beginning with “app” (e.g. app.bus@organisation) or otherwise identified as such using the First Name/Last Name account fields.
- Your email address will be used to login and cannot be changed once registered.
- Users are responsible for all activities on their registered account.
- Users will comply with the licence terms and conditions of the Data Custodians as applied to each data layer, as stated on https://data.wa.gov.au/.
- If an account is registered to an email address that is found to be invalid the account will be deleted immediately.
- Users should where possible, avoid the creation of duplicate SLIP Accounts.
- If an account is deemed to be a duplicate, the user will be contacted via e-mail requesting that one account be chosen for deletion. Once that confirmation has been provided, then that account will be deleted.
- Where the user requests the retention of a duplicate account, the user acknowledges that they may be contacted by Landgate to discuss this requirement.
- SLIP User Accounts that have access to public data only, may be deleted if inactive for a period longer than six (6) months.
- SLIP User Accounts that have access to subscription services, may be deleted if inactive for a period longer than twelve (12) months.
SLIP Users will be notified by Landgate that their accounts have been inactive and will be deleted unless:
- The account is reactivated by means of logging into SLIP within the next two-week period; or
- An exemption is granted by Landgate at their sole discretion.