Geospatial data made available via the Shared Location Information Platform (SLIP) sometimes requires you to login to access it. Creating a SLIP login is free, and only requires a valid email address.
When would I need a SLIP login?
Public services and maps do not require a SLIP login.
You can simply click to open SLIP maps, or copy and paste SLIP service URLs into your GIS or other application.
Downloads of public SLIP datasets (and Open - Login SLIP services) require you to login.
Asking you to register (at no charge) to download public SLIP data enables us to understand who uses the data, and to help build a case for the release of more data publicly.
For subscription and restricted datasets, you'll need to create a SLIP login before you can join a user group.
Access to subscription and restricted SLIP data is managed via user groups. To learn about when you need to join a user group, see SLIP - How to Join a User Group.
How do I create a SLIP login?
Info: Registered SLIP users are subject to the SLIP User Account Rules.
- On the SLIP login page, select the Register now link.
- Fill in the registration form and select Create. (If you plan to access data for something other than personal use, be sure to use your business, government or school email address.)
- A verification link will be emailed to you. Automatic emails often get caught by spam filters, so make sure to check your junk mail folder if you don't see it.
- Select the link to open a SLIP login page. Enter your email address and the password you created during registration, then select Login.
- You're all done! Head back to the Data WA catalogue to start accessing data, or learn how to join a user group if your organisation has a SLIP subscription.
If you need help with your SLIP login, please contact BusinessSolutions@landgate.wa.gov.au or phone (08) 9273 7683 for assistance.